Wednesday 7 October 2015

Why Oxford is Underappreciated

Recently, me and a friend decided as we hadn't seen each other in a while, we would go to Oxford. I thought that it would be a perfect oppurtunity to write a post, as Oxford is the kind of City that is perfect for both sightseeing and shopping.

I personally love Oxford, as my sister lives in a nearby town with her husband and I have had the oppurtunity to go with just my thoughts and have a wander and look around. On a day like that, visiting Oxford University is a huge must. You can walk around the historical architecture and let your mind just wander. I went there alone and took some pictures in the summer of 2014.


The next time I went on a nice enough day to take pictures, graduation was happening so I chose to not out of respect. Now, as I said before, Oxford is a mixture of this beautiful old architecture and shopping, which makes it an ideal location for a girl's day out. Add to this it is roughly half way (geogrpahically, travelling times may vary) between where myself and my best friend live, its becoming a regular haunt for me.

         One of my finer train journey shots                   Me and Amy on a previous visit to Oxford

Yesterday I had intended to take many more photos than I did but it chose to rain. By rain I mean torrential bucketfuls at times, which made even shopping a hazardous activty, so this idea was quickly scrapped. However this rain only added to the fun of the day I feel, as we had an impromtu early lunch in Nando's (cue cheeky Nando's joke). For the record, their chicken was a little dry and dissapointing, but that may have just been an off day, and the chip portion size was very large, more than double my usual. I'm an unabashed lover of the chip, so on that count I was very happy.

Luckily the weather abated enough to the point that with the exception of when we were already travelling back to the train, it was only showers at the worst. After our lunch, we went shopping, and aside from a minor incident with a forgotten bag in Primark, which was luckily returned to me, it was a carefree shopping trip. I treated myself to a few little treats.

From left to right: a bunny bolster pillow from H&M, a skinnydip phone case and a shrug from Primark

Who knew H&M did homeware? The bunny pillow is so soft and cute and I cuddled it all last night.

Personally, Oxford is for me a place to escape and be happy, and if it is possible and feasable for any of you who read this to ever visit, I have to reccommend it. You'll fall in love I promise.

Rei ♡


No comments:

Post a Comment