Tuesday 29 September 2015

Is Micellar Water Worth the Sudden Hype?

Micellar water is an extremely old beauty trick. Originating in France and called eau micellaire, micellar water was used to combat the harsh heavy water as a more gentle way to cleanse the skin. Micelles suspended in the water, attract dirt and oil to gently lift away dirt and encourage healthy and happy skin. Micellar water has been the favourite of many people since, make up artists have used it as a gentle way to remove makeup, as it is free of harsh chemicals that can be damaging if used on the lips and eyes. And so on paper, it would seem that micellar water is a miracle answer that until recently stayed fairly out of the mainstream beauty regime.

Until recently. micellar water was only really popular in France, outside of more professional circles, but recently in the UK, it has been appearing more and more often. As a sufferer of mild but annoying acne, I decided to try micellar water. As a person who has a very limited budget, I was pleased to find a 400ml bottle of Garnier micellar water on sale for £3.50 in my local supermarket.



Now, I have hardly had enough time to test the long term effects of this product, as I have only been using it for half a week, However, I can say it does pick up dirt and most makeup very easily, without any harsh chemical feelings, or soreness that some products leave behind.

Secondly, I am a person that uses wax on their face regularly, However in recent months this has caused me to develop large and painful pimples on my chin that have left scars. These pimples would normally appear 1-2 days after I wax, and I was starting to look for alternative hair removal methods, after exhausting many different skincare products and regimes.

It has been 4 whole days since I waxed and not only have no pimples appeared, but the remaining spots and pimples from my last wax have been going away. The difference? Micellar water. Once in the morning and once at night. My skin is clearer, feels softer and fresher and my acne is apparently being held at bay. I use the micellar water as a cleanser twice daily, carrying on with exfoliating once a week and using a Lush face mask once a week also.

So...so far so good. I would definitely recommend trying this product for yourself to see how it works for you. And hopefully in a few months I will be able to say my skin is in tip top condition the way it hasn't been for a very long time.

Rei ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment